Thursday, December 01, 2005

Janus

of beginnings - hands held

of endings - hearts cradled

of times breaking - pieces kept

of this change and its weight - lifted

you are not a man to me, Janus

but the woman with whom i sing each song

necks together voices singing double headed harmony

of the aching of the heart
the strength that is in it
of my womanly ways
we sing each song together, Janus,
because I am the creator
of my starts,
stop


opening the door
unlock
key falling never needed
my prayerless closings
keep coming
shining beneath the crack
light streaming
leading me


Janus, lets sing,
a song about it all
about the summer
about the pounding
what it means
to love to change
to say goodbye
when hearts close
doors how to open
letting light in
yet too
letting light out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home